The goals of the Association are to:
- Preserve all types of early records.
- Encourage genealogical and historical research.
- Purchase genealogical books and materials to be donated to the Johnson City Public Library.
- Encourage persons researching the same family lines by maintaining query and surname sections in the Bulletin.
- Compile two issues of the Bulletin each year for subscribing members.
- Maintain an active exchange program with other genealogical associations.
- Provide informative programs at monthly meetings.